Avoid Losing Your Driver’s License With Help From A DUI Attorney In Orange County CA

by | Feb 1, 2023 | Lawyers and Law Firm

Latest Articles



Immediately after a DUI arrest, the person will ensure taking legal advice. If they refuse to take a breathalyzer or other BAC (blood alcohol content) test, their license can be confiscated immediately, even if they are not convicted of the DUI yet. If convicted, even if they took the BAC test before the arrest, they might still lose the license for a period of time. To avoid these situations, call a DUI Attorney in Orange County CA quickly.

Anyone who refuses to submit to a BAC test, whether convicted of a DUI, or not, will have the license suspended. Worse, the license could receive a longer suspension if found guilty of DUI. However, there is another way that many people are not aware of that will enable them to continue driving so they can get to their daily routine. They can have an IID (interlock ignition device) installed in their vehicle and will be able to drive with restrictions until the time limit is met.

An IID means the person will need to be tested using a breathalyzer before the car starts. They will not be able to start the vehicle if they are over the legal limit for alcohol, so they can still have the ability to drive when they need to and will be prevented from driving under the influence. They might be limited on how far they can drive or the hours they can drive, but they will be able to get to work and back, pick up groceries, go to the doctor, and take care of other essentials. They will need to request this, however, and pay to have the IID installed in their vehicle to be able to drive under these conditions.

Depending on the circumstances, a person’s driver’s license can be suspended for a year or longer after a DUI arrest. Those who have been arrested will want to contact a DUI Attorney in Orange County CA to learn more about how they can still drive their vehicle, so they do not lose their job as a result of the arrest. Find more information about your case by speaking with a lawyer today. For additional information, contact ALL Trial Lawyers.

Similar Articles