As we all know, car accidents occur when you least expect them – but it’s important to understand the frequency and prevalence of roadway incidents in today’s day and age:
- Each year, more than two million people are injured or disabled as the direct result of an automotive crash.
- Upwards of 38,000 individuals die during car accidents per year, which amounts to approximately 100 deaths per day.
- Roadway collisions cost our country more than $230 billion per annum.
- If the current trends stay consistent, car accidents will become the sixth-leading cause of death by the year 2030.
- The human spinal cord can become seriously injured at speeds as low as 6 miles per hour, and more than 150,000 people sustain serious back injuries due to auto collisions each year.
Thus, the odds of being victimized by a careless or drunk driver are quite high, which is why your local auto accidents attorney plays such an integral role in today’s day and age.
I Already Have Insurance, So Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?
If you establish a tight-knit relationship with a trustworthy auto accidents attorney in South Bay, CA, for instance, you’ll gain a valuable partner that can help you navigate the complex and costly post-collision landscape:
- More often than not, the medical bills associated with a collision tend to be much higher than your policy limits, but a reputable auto accidents attorney can negotiate with every involved party to reduce the fees and help you file a comprehensive claim.
- Your representative will help you recover any lost wages due to missed time from work or decreased earning power.
- A knowledgeable auto accidents attorney will also be able to obtain evidence, site photographs, medical documentation, and witness testimonies to hold the guilty party accountable.
- If your attorney decides that litigation is the best course of action, he or she will represent your best interests in court (or during out-of-court negotiations) regardless of whether you’re present or not.
Is There a Local Auto Accident Specialist That I Can Trust?
If you contact a locally renowned attorney – such as Michael D. Shook – you’ll be able to schedule a personalized, fee-free case evaluation to help you understand the specifics of your unique situation and establish a suitable plan to ensure a lucrative settlement.
So feel free to visit http://michaelshooklaw.com/ or call 310-328-6650 directly after you receive medical care – the compassionate in-house team will help you obtain the compensation you deserve so that you can begin your road to recovery as quickly as possible. You can pay a visit to Facebook page for more information!