vehicle accidents don’t just involve automobiles. They also involve
motorcycles, large vans, dump trucks, flatbed trucks and trailers and
enclosed 18-wheelers. With Interstate 55, Interstate 80 and other
U.S. and Illinois highways going through it, Joliet sees motor
vehicle crashes on a daily basis. In some of those crashes, people
are seriously or even fatally injured.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are a variety of causes of motor vehicle accidents, especially with Joliet’s harsh winters. Here are some of the common causes:
- Distracted driving such as talking on a cell phone, texting or inputting information into an infotainment center while driving.
- Following a vehicle too closely.
- Driving at a rate of speed that is greater than reasonable and proper given traffic and weather conditions.
- Failure to yield the right-of-way when turning left.
- Disobeying traffic signal devices or stop signs.
Some Common Injuries
Our motor vehicle accident lawyers in Joliet at Block Klukas Manzella & Shell, P.C. have seen a wide range of injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents. Here are a few examples of them:
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Multiple fractures.
- Damage to vital organs.
- Spinal structure damage.
- Joint damage.
- Wrongful death.
After being seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, it’s the objective of the opposing insurer to attempt to devalue your case as much as possible. It’s the objective of our motor vehicle accident lawyers in Joliet to maximize any proceeds that you might receive through a motor vehicle accident settlement or award. Contact us at Block Klukas Manzella & Shell, P.C. right away after being injured as a result of the negligence of somebody else in any motor vehicle accident in or around Joliet.