Semi-trailers are operated on Atlanta roadways 24 hours a day. They can be more than 70 feet long and weigh up to 80,000 pounds. When a piece of machinery that large goes out of control and impacts with a passenger vehicle, there is a high likelihood of injuries or fatalities.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Over several decades state and federal legislatures have enacted laws in their attempts to reduce large truck crashes and the resulting injuries and fatalities. Unfortunately, they have been largely ineffective. Here are some of the most common causes of truck accidents that a truck accident lawyer in Atlanta will see:
• Distracted driving like talking on a phone, texting or inputting data into an infotainment center.
• Following a vehicle ahead too closely.
• Driving too fast for weather or traffic conditions
• Drowsy or fatigued driving.
• Poor driver training.
• Inadequate truck and trailer maintenance, especially on brakes and tires.
• Overloading or improperly loading a trailer.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Given the fact that semi-trailers are so large and heavy, the injuries in truck accidents are usually severe. That’s why they’re required to carry significantly higher insurance policy limits than passenger cars. Here are some examples of those injuries:
• Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
• Damage to vital organs.
• Traumatic amputations.
• Multiple fractures.
• Joint damage.
• Wrongful death.
Truck insurers know that they’re facing significant financial exposure in any semi-trailer accident. You’ll be in need of an experienced and aggressive truck accident lawyer in Atlanta. Contact the Champion Firm, P.C. in Atlanta right away for a free consultation and case review after being injured in any truck accident. You can call us at 404-594-5045, or just use our easy contact form at website