In the pursuit of a car accident claim, it is not always easy to receive a fair outcome. Many accident victims do not fully understand the rights they hold so they end up allowing them to be infringed upon as they work with the insurance company for settlement. Those who want to protect themselves during the process of pursuing compensation should follow these helpful tips provided by the Car Accident Lawyer in Hollywood FL.
* An individual should never admit to any form of fault in the accident. They should also avoid placing blame at the scene. It is wise to allow the police on the scene to come to a fault determination.
* It is imperative injured victims do not discuss their accident with anyone other than their lawyer. Discussing the accident with others can lead to problems in the process of pursuing compensation. Information given can sometimes be used against a victim, especially if their personal injury claim goes to court.
* Just after an auto accident has occurred, the victim will likely begin receiving phone calls from the other insurance company and their own. When they receive these calls, it behooves them to have the insurance company contact their lawyer to arrange an interview.
* Recorded statements should never be made without the assistance of a Car Accident Lawyer in Hollywood FL. These statements can be used against a victim so a person needs to be prepared for making their statement so they can avoid unnecessary issues.
* Victims should always be circumspect when considering any early settlement offers. These are often offered quickly in a way to prevent further payment. Unfortunately, not all injuries show up immediately so it is vital victims wait to settle until they are sure all of their injuries have been fully discovered.
Those who have been seriously injured in an accident are urged to seek legal help. Contact the Law Offices of McCullough & Leboff P.A. and ask for a consultation appointment to get started on the process. They will help guide you and protect your rights as you pursue compensation for your injuries and damages. With the help of a lawyer, the process will be easier.