When an injured victim must hire an attorney, it is often because their injuries are serious or the insurance company is not being fair. Some victims find it helpful to meet with an attorney before they even pursue the insurance company so they can avoid undue delays. It is especially vital a victim is represented by an attorney if they plan on bringing a personal injury lawsuit to court. Victims of serious auto accidents often need the intervention of an Auto Accidents Attorney in Glendale AZ.
* The first step in the process of dealing with a personal injury lawsuit is the consultation meeting with the attorney. At this meeting, the attorney will listen to the details of the case and help a victim determine the best way to receive fair compensation.
* The attorney will attempt to negotiate with the insurance company to try and reach a fair settlement. This may be done by back and forth communication, mediation or arbitration. If the attorney feels the insurance company is being unfair, they will begin the process of filing the paperwork that is necessary to start the lawsuit.
* The fact-finding and discovery phase of the case is the most important because it allows both sides to discover information that will be used in their pursuit or defense. This helps to establish the full facts of a case.
* Motions can be filed before the trial in an attempt to reach a pre-trial settlement. Although the vast majority of personal injury claims are settled outside of court, some cases must go through trial for a fair outcome to be achieved.
* The trial will take place before a judge and jury with the jury typically being burdened with determining a clear winner and the amount of awarded compensation. Trials are sometimes lengthy so it is generally wise to settle outside of court if possible.
If you are faced with dealing with the aftermath of an auto accident, it is important to hire an auto accidents attorney in Glendale AZ. Contact Garrison Law Firm and they will be happy to schedule you a consultation appointment for you.