DUI Defense Attorneys in Longview TX Can Help You Start Driving Again Faster

by | Jul 26, 2019 | DUI Attorney

Latest Articles



After a DUI arrest, the accused person’s driver’s license might be automatically suspended. While they wait for the trial, they may need to be able to drive to continue to work. Even if they’re convicted of the DUI, they may need to drive to be able to work and take care of their home or family. Those who are arrested and accused of a DUI will want to speak with one of the DUI defense attorneys in Longview TX to see if it’s possible for them to be allowed to drive.

When is a License Suspended?

A license may be automatically suspended if the accused person refuses the BAC (blood alcohol content) test. If they do agree to the BAC test but are arrested, they might lose their ability to drive if they’re convicted of a DUI. In either case, they may need to be able to continue driving so they can get to work. There are generally two ways to legally be able to drive again as quickly as possible.

Avoiding a Suspended License

If the arrested person is convicted, they may be able to convince the judge to allow them to drive provided they install an IID (interlock ignition device) on their vehicle. This device requires them to prove they have not been drinking to be able to start the vehicle. Otherwise, their lawyer may be able to convince the judge to minimize or eliminate the license suspension because it would make it too difficult for them to work.

Getting a Hardship License

If the accused refuses the BAC or is required to have their license suspended because of a conviction, they may want to inquire about a hardship license. They will not be able to drive wherever they want to go with this license, but they will be able to drive to work and back as well as run other necessary errands. There will be serious limitations to where and when they can drive.

If you’ve been accused of a DUI, you need to speak with one of the DUI defense attorneys in Longview TX right away to get help. They may help you be able to start driving again faster and can help defend you against the charges. Contact Holmes, Moore, Waldron, & Parrish P.L.L.C. to find a lawyer or to learn more about how a lawyer can help you.

Similar Articles