A Social Security Lawyer Can Help

by | Nov 29, 2017 | Attorneys

Latest Articles



As an employee, every one of your paychecks has already had taxes taken out. Although the bulk of the tax bite is federal and state tax, a portion goes to pay for your Social Security benefits which include retirement and disability. If you suffer from a physical or mental disability which makes it impossible for you to work, you have the right to file a claim for disability benefits with the SSA.

Every year, hundreds of thousands of hard-working people claim disability benefits with the thought that they will get them because they paid for them. Unfortunately, for the greatest majority of claimants, they will be disappointed, as their claim will be denied. When this happens, you should hire a seasoned social security lawyer in Santa Ana and appeal the decision.

Don’t give up, appeal:

Many people, when they realize their claim was not approved, will give up any hope of ever seeing any help or they will start the process from scratch. Neither giving up nor starting over is the right choice.

The majority of all claims are denied, only about 30 percent are approved on the initial submission. There is an appeals process available to those who were denied, about half of those that do appeal with the help of a Social Security lawyer in Santa Ana will eventually be approved.

Get legal assistance:

The appeals process is not easy, to increase your chances of getting the initial decision overturned, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced Social Security lawyer in Santa Ana.

Don’t be overly concerned about the cost; Social Security disability lawyers work on a contingency fee basis; they get paid when you win your appeal. The legal fee is set by law; it is either $6,000 or 25 percent of your past due award, whichever is less.

Your chances of winning on appeal are far better than they are if you were to go-it-alone.

If you apply for disability benefits only to be denied, hire an experienced Social Security lawyer in Santa Ana to help with your appeal. For a free case evaluation, contact the Law Offices of Norman J. Homen.

Similar Articles